Minnesota Funeral Directors Association (MFDA) is the state resource dedicated to supporting our member's growth professionally, ethically and operationally. Our mission is to enhance and support funeral service excellence through our programs, legislative representation and service to Minnesotans.
MFDA CORE VALUES
Essential and enduring principles that guide the organization's behaviors and actions.
- Advancing the value of funeral service consistent with the changing needs of society
- Advocacy on behalf of consumers and members
- Visionary leadership - trust and confidence in staff and volunteer leadership
- Promotion of integrity; honest and ethical behavior within the funeral industry
- Collaboration with others in the interest of consumers and members
- Recognize the importance of education as a vehicle to enhance both public service and public image
Minnesota Funeral Directors Association Code of Professional Practice
- AS FUNERAL SERVICE PRACTITIONERS: We hereby fully acknowledge our individual and collective obligation to the public, particularly those we serve, and our mutual responsibility to improve the high standards of our profession.
- TO THE PUBLIC WE PLEDGE: Vigilant support of all public health and consumer laws and regulations, all federal, state, and local statutes; the advocacy of proper professional responsibility, character and integrity; honesty in all offerings of service and merchandise, and in all business transactions.
- TO THOSE WE SERVE WE PLEDGE: Confidential business and professional relationships; to respect all faiths, creeds and to observe all respect due the deceased; competence and dignity in the conduct of all services; to make no representations, written or oral, which may be false or misleading; to provide the public with complete information about funerals, including prices; to enhance public awareness about the functions, services and responsibilities of funeral service practitioners; to afford an opportunity for all persons to discuss, arrange, and/or finance funerals in advance of need; and to assure those we serve the right of personal choice and decision in making funeral arrangements and final disposition.
- TO OUR PROFESSION WE PLEDGE: Support of high educational standards and proper licensing laws; encouragement of scientific inquiry and research; adoption of improved techniques and methods; adherence to fair and equitable business practices; observance of the principles of fair competition; and the maintenance of favorable personnel relationships.